- RSS Channel Showcase 9082675
- RSS Channel Showcase 9845537
- RSS Channel Showcase 9684736
- RSS Channel Showcase 3767603
Articles on this Page
- 01/07/17--10:13: _State Rep. Peake Se...
- 02/12/17--16:25: _Atlanta Council Lim...
- 03/07/17--15:48: _Woman Fighting Emin...
- 03/26/17--11:20: _Georgia’s E-Voting ...
- 04/18/17--15:48: _Fort, Hall Pledge t...
- 05/02/17--07:24: _20 Computer Experts...
- 05/06/17--11:03: _Democratic Socialis...
- 05/17/17--12:00: _Atlanta Council Mid...
- 05/26/17--12:33: _BREAKING: New Lawsu...
- 01/07/17--10:13: State Rep. Peake Seeks Statewide Vote on Medical Cannabis Amendment
- 03/07/17--15:48: Woman Fighting Eminent Domain Case to Run for City Council
- 03/26/17--11:20: Georgia’s E-Voting Vulnerability Underscored by Server Breach
- 05/02/17--07:24: 20 Computer Experts Issue Letter to Kemp on E-Voting Unreliability
- 05/06/17--11:03: Democratic Socialist, kamau, Elected to South Fulton City Council
- 05/17/17--12:00: Atlanta Council Midterm Scorecard 2017: Bottoms at Bottom
- 05/26/17--12:33: BREAKING: New Lawsuit Filed Over Georgia E-Voting
(APN) ATLANTA — State Rep. Allen Peake (R-Macon) is filing a bill to create a statewide referendum in 2018 on whether to amend the Constitution of the State of Georgia to allow the in-state cultivation of medical cannabis. The referendum on a Constitutional Amendment will require two-thirds of both chambers to move forward but does not require the Governor’s [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — Local democracy has apparently become a nuisance to the Atlanta City Council, except to the extent that its members want citizens to vote for them in November. Six of seven of the Committees of the Atlanta City Council now have severely restrictive public comment policies, limiting the amount of time any one citizen can address the [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — Tanya Washington, 46, is running for Atlanta City Council District 1, after years of fighting with the City of Atlanta to keep her home in Peoplestown, Atlanta Progressive News has learned. As previously reported by APN, the City of Atlanta has been trying to take a residential block of homes in Atlanta’s Peoplestown neighborhood to create [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — The vulnerability of Georgia’s electronic voting system to hacking and manipulation–especially without a voter verifiable paper audit trail to provide an independent backup–is underscored by a recent server breach. Georgia is one of only five U.S. states–along with Delaware, Louisiana, New Jersey, and South Carolina–that does not have an independent way to verify how citizens voted [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — Two candidates for Mayor of Atlanta in this November 2017 Municipal Election–State Sen. Vincent Fort (D-Atlanta) and Councilman Kwanza Hall (District 2)–pledged that as Mayor, they would take steps to implement the decriminalization of cannabis (or “marijuana”) possession, if the Atlanta City Council were to pass the ordinance it is currently considering. An ordinance by Councilman [...]
With additional reporting by Matthew Charles Cardinale (APN) ATLANTA — On March 14, 2017, some twenty computer experts from across the U.S. sent a letter to Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, urging Kemp to immediately move to verifiable elections, after approximately sixteen years of faith based E-voting with no paper record in the State of Georgia. https://www.verifiedvoting.org/verified-voting-letter-to-georgia-secretary-of-state-brian-kemp/ [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — On April 18, 2017, the voters of the City of South Fulton, the newly created city in south Fulton County, elected a self-proclaimed Democratic Socialist, khalid kamau, to the District 6 South Fulton City Council seat. His name is lower-cased in the Yoruba African tradition to show that community is emphasized over the individual. While [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — As it is now nearly midway through 2017, Atlanta Progressive News is releasing an updated cumulative scorecard for the Atlanta City Council. The APN Atlanta City Council Scorecard is the most comprehensive, voting record-based scorecard available for the current Atlanta City Council, and is available as a public Google Spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/2ixKV6s The Scorecard is [...]
(APN) ATLANTA — Two Georgia voters and a national advocacy organization filed a new lawsuit challenging Georgia’s electronic voting regime on Friday, May 26, 2017. The Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief and Writ of Mandamus was filed in Fulton County Superior Court. The plaintiffs have also filed for an emergency injunction, for which an emergency hearing has [...]